Course: Communication Systems
| Course Code: ||ΜΚ29|
| Course Level: ||Undergratuate|
| Obligatory/Elective: ||Elective|
| Semester: ||6|
| Division: ||Main Course|
| Group: ||Main Course|
| ECTS Credits: ||5|
| Hours Per Week: ||5|
| Website: ||https://eclass.uowm.gr/courses/ICTE330/|
| Language: ||Greek|
| Content: |
The course "Communication Systems" aims to provide students with knowledge about basic concepts
of telecommunications systems. Specifically, the course focuses on the principles of signal theory,
studying the properties of telecommunication signals and mathematical transformations (Fourier,
Hilbert) as essential tools for communication signal analysis. The main objective of the course is to
learn the process of modulation of signals of analog systems, through the study of Amplitude
Modulation (AM), AM systems, the process of decoding amplitude, systems of Angle Modulation
(Frequency Modulation - Frequency Modulation - Frequency Modulation) Phase Modulation (PM), and
angle demodulation procedures. The effect of noise on both amplitude and angle modulation systems
is also studied.
|Learning Results: |
Learning Outcome 1: Learning the following basic concepts of telecommunication systems:
• Telecommunication System (Analog and Digital Communications)
• Representation of Signals and Systems with emphasis on the Frequency field
• Fourier transforms and their applications in Telecommunications
• Filters and Signal Transmission through them
• Width Modulation and Demodulation
• Rectangular Width Configuration - Frequency Division Multiplexing
• Angle Configuration and Demodulation
• Familiarity with the environment of telecommunication systems laboratories
• Use of Laboratory Equipment
Learning Outcome 2: Skills in performing laboratory exercises using an oscilloscope, frequency
generator and other laboratory equipment:
• Laboratory Exercise in AM Configuration.
• Laboratory Exercise in FM Configuration.
• Laboratory Exercise in PM Configuration.
|Teaching Methods: |
- Laboratory exercises (30%)
- Final Exams (70%)
|Suggested Books: |
1. Γεώργιος Καραγιαννίδης, Κοραλία Παππή, Τηλεπικοινωνιακά Συστήματα, 3η εκδοση, 2016.
2. Αθανάσιος Κανάτας, Εισαγωγή στις Τηλεπικοινωνίες, 2η έκδοση, 2017.
3. Παναγιώτης Κωττής, Εισαγωγή στις Τηλεπικοινωνίες: Διαμόρφωση και Μετάδοση Σημάτων, 2012.
- Recommended Article/Paper Resources:
• IEEE Transactions on Communications
• IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications